Your safety is of great importance to us and therefore will make sure that we never leave you unattended! Although there are a lot of areas where it will be safe to travel by car, we recommend that you never travel alone!
Every safari hunt has it’s own risks involve especially when hunting dangerous game. Although we will try our best to minimise the risks to ensure the safety of our clients, we will not accept responsibility for injuries that occurred due to the negligence of our client/s.
We only make use of highly professional guides with years of experience in the hunting industry. Their mission is to deliver a service of high quality and integrity.
The majority of the main tourist areas are malaria-free, it is only the anopheles mosquito, (malaria carrying mosquito), which subsist in certain areas. These mosquitoes operate almost exclusively after dark. The following areas are deemed to be high risk areas in the summer months:
Certain areas of the Kruger National Park: stretching to Messina on the Zimbabwean border. The Lowveld of Mpumalange and Limpopo, and the Northern part of KwaZulu Natal. Many local people and some travelers do not take malaria prophylaxis, but most health professionals recommend you do. Consult your doctor or a specialist travel clinic for the latest advice concerning malaria prophylaxis, as it changes regularly.
Our main hunting season runs from March until October(Fall to Spring) . Here are an indication of the kind of temperatures you can expect during your safari:
- Fall(March – middle May) 5 – 25C (41 – 77F)
- Winter(middle May – middle August) 0 – 22C (32 – 71F)
- Spring (middle August – October) 5 – 25C (41 – 77F)
- The days will be sunny with chilly nights during winter.
- Occasional rain can be expected along the coastal areas .
5. WHAT TO BRING
The following is just a guide line of what you should bring to wear!
- Green or khaki coloured clothes are recommended
- Light raingear
- Warm sweater
- Warm jacket for early mornings and late afternoons
- 1-2 pair of good walking/hunting boots
- Cap or hat
- Sun cream
8. ARE FIREARMS AVAILABLE FOR RENT?